Monday, January 27, 2014

How I Roll

I never make promises that I can't keep. Which is precisely why I made no promises about the timeliness of my blogging.

Yet here I am again. I want to talk about things that Facebook could give to shits about, so, hi. Big Hello to my friends and some random readers (stalkers) who aren't really my friends, (but certainly could be!). Let's be real though, I'm not really stalk-worthy. I would have to be interesting, uber hawt or funny for that.

Moving on.

The term is settling in fairly nicely. As is my goal to lose weight for the wedding, plan the wedding and still be awesome. No easy task my friends.

Lately I have been having a fruit and veggie juice 4 times a week and starting my days with Shakeology. I just switched over to Greenberry flavor and I am loving it. If you have ever had the green tea latte from Starbucks, it's kind of like that. Very matcha-ey, also fruity and delicious, much better than the vegan chocolate flavor. I have also become a Quest bar addict and have taken E down with me. Thankfully his favorite is the cinnamon roll one, so I get lucky that he doesn't eat all of my delicious, wonderful, miraculous cookie dough flavor. Seriously, they are heavenly. If you haven't tried them yet, you're wasting time. They're expensive but in my opinion, TOTALLY worth it. I have also been trying to keep my empty carbs low. (Translated: I only drink 4 nights a week instead of 7! Not literally, but also... literally).

I work out kind of a lot these days. I am burning between 500 and 900 calories 6 days week in my work outs which consist of running (logging about 10-12 miles a week), sprints (2-3 times a week), and all of the WEIGHTLIFTING. Last time around I utilized mostly machines, this time around I'm going with free weights which has proven to be more difficult, but also more rewarding (isn't that how it goes?). Also, I look like a freaking monster when I do it, which is awesome. People don't really talk to me in the weight room. I think I'm too busy grunting, screaming and loudly exhaling. I think my weight lifting gloves and beastly quads may also contribute to the intimidation factor... I could be wrong. I may not be intimidating at all. I may just smell bad.

Mostly, I have been roughly following Brandi's (from Mama Laughlin) weight lifting plan, because, let's get real, her ass looks grrrrrrrrrreat! I am always looking for new moves to stir it up though. I am excited to give you all some before and afters, but probably after the swelling from copious amounts of seafood goes down and the curse of the has vagina passed. So I am thinking in about 12 days?

In other news I got down to a REAL 152. In the middle of the day, 152lbs. That's a big freaking deal for me. I am giving myself 2 weeks to reach the 140s, so here goes nothing!

Life has been good. My laptop broke. That was sad... but it broke while I was working out on the elliptical and now my skinny jeans look a lot better than they used do... SO that's a plus. (Did you ever wonder what optimism is? That was it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment