Thursday, January 9, 2014

Re-entering Blogosohere

Hey strangers, it's been a while.

A lot has been going on in my world. Mostly what detracted from my blogging was an EXTREMELY challenging term in school. I can't tell you how many times I wept into my college algebra book, but thank heavens! It's over and I've passed! Other than that, I've mostly been trying to figure out what it means to be a bride, to plan a wedding, to be healthy and happy.

Weddings are a crazy business, but I have been extremely blessed by my future in-laws and a wonderful man that has stood by me and at times carried me through it all. I, of course, want to be the most beautiful and fit bride in the whole wide world, so I have been doing my best to hit the gym and take care of myself.

In the "take care of myself" sector, I have dipped my toes into the ocean of Beachbody. My girlfriend Rachel is a coach and she had so many wonderful things to say about drinking Shakeology shakes, that I just had to see for myself. I love having a supplement on hand. Lately I've been having a shake for breakfast and fresh juice in the afternoon. I have been trying to have a light lunch and really whatever I want for dinner.... within reason of course. E and I also got the T25 workouts. T25 is NO JOKE. The results are great and show themselves rapidly, but it is HARD. All caps H-A-R-D. I would recommend it to anyone, especially to those without access to a gym or a lot of time to spend sweating it out. It's only 25 minutes. It's over before you know it. If you are interested in Shakeology or all things Beachbody, feel free to check out my girl's page Rachel Davis Fitness Coach. She's really awesome and encouraging. She is a great asset to my fit life and can be for you also, no matter what your fitness level is.

Just recently I went through a bit of a depression. After the holidays I was so burnt out and really missing my parents. I was also experiencing some insecurities and some real bad habits started sneaking up on me. I had a really difficult time getting out of bed for about a week. If you've ever been depressed, you know what this feels like. Sweet E comes to me at about day 5, and says "I love you babe, but you've got to know, that at some point you just have to get out of bed and fake it until you make it." I was pretty pissed when he said it, because that meant I had to get out of bed, when everything in my being was telling me to hibernate.

The next day, on my mom's (what would be) 54th birthday, I got out of bed. I did it for her and I did it for me and for the person I want to be. I went on a hike. I went out for dinner with friends. I cried. I sweat. I laughed... and even though I wasn't 100% there, it felt a lot better. It's been only 3 days since then. Since school has started back up again and thankfully is not a stress-fest, I have been out of the house, working out hard, being stimulated and feeling a lot better.

I have to head to class, but in the next few days, I want to throw some numbers (measurements, weight etc) and my current plan at you. I am going to be seeing some serious results in the next 8 weeks. I just know it. So maybe you'll even get some before pics!

Thanks for reading. Hope this finds you well.


No comments:

Post a Comment