Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Shakeology

I have had a few of you ask about Shakeology and how/why I like it. Here goes.

I am reluctant to jump on any diet band wagon. Actually more than hesitant, I generally avoid them at all costs. Shakeology is not a diet for me, although it can help you lose weight. I was on the hunt for a supplement. I eat a lot of food. Due to my past eating disorder issues I am always searching for balance, where I actually get enough nutrition, without going overboard. Having a supplement is really helpful for me, especially in the morning. I like to work out in the mornings, but in order to do that effectively, I can't be too empty or too full.  Shakes are perfect for me. I don't feel bogged down and I loathe cramps while running. I make a shake in the morning, and feel comfortable to work out. Not only that, I am not hungry for at least 3 hours. If you have experience supplementing, you know that sometimes they are not satisfying for very long. Not the case with shake-o.

The reasons I chose shakeology out of all the shakes out there, are aplenty. First and foremost- it is extremely nutrient rich.  It has pre-biotic and pro-biotic, vitamins, about 25% of your daily fiber intake. There isn't another shake out there like it. Trust me, I researched. 

I make mine with 8oz of unsweetened almond milk, If I am making a chocolate shake, I add about a half of a frozen banana, 3 ice cubes and 1 T peanut butter. It equals about 280 calories. With the Greenberry, I add 1/4 c. frozen fruit (I prefer raspberries) only about 210 calories. Having two flavors on hand is really nice. Out of all the people I know who use it, Greenberry and chocolate are the favorites, but I have been hearing a lot about the strawberry, which I haven't tried yet.

It's more expensive than slim fast and straight whey protein, but for me, it's worth it. The added benefits of the vitamins, probiotics and fiber keep me feeling energetic, healthy and regular. :) essentially, if you are taking any vitamin supplements, fiber or probiotics, once you start shakeology you can stop. It's all inclusive. In addition to increased energy, I have also noticed my moods have improved and I have felt more level. I also have bypassed the colds and flus of January. I just feel better. I feel balanced.

In other news: I got my nails and toes done and the nail lady said that I have "very nice feet, soft and small." So that was nice. 


If you have more questions about Shakeology, fitness DVDs or what have you, please let me know! I'll hook you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment