Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Cleanse Day 9

Hello friends and readers and friends.

As you can see, I did a little re-designing. I am NO web design genius. I dated someone who was once, but we're not exactly friendly. Oh yeah and my favorite New Zealander is, but we can't even manage a Skype session, let alone design my blog... Anyway, I hope you like it. I have been just messing around and watching tutorials and such. I was sick of the standard layout and Aunt Lisa, you're right. I need a place for recipes. For the time being those page links are mostly empty, but over time I will be filling them up. 

After I left you yesterday, I did indeed go pump some iron. I lifted for about 40 minutes, including my 35 boy push ups and 70 second plank. I also added in a 70 second "super man" to strengthen my lower back. Pretty soon I need to bump it up to 40 push ups and 80 second planks... I'm trying to get E involved before it goes too far. Should I add squats in too? Probably. After lifting, I ran a quick mile and hopped on the elliptical for an additional 20 minutes.

that face. awesome.

I've started wearing my converse in the weight room. I want to get a pair of cross-trainers, but until I have the money, these will do. For those of you who buy expensive running shoes:

Please don't waste the limited amount of miles you get out of them.
Bring 2 pairs of shoes to the gym.
1 pair for running and 1 pair for everything else.

I've learned this lesson the hard way. I've burned through 3 pairs of Brooks, waaaay too fast. It ain't cheap. $110-130 per pair and I wasted them in places like the grocery store and weight room where I could wear $2 shoes if I wanted.


Cleanse day 8

155.4
  • 1st meal: Fiber drink and pro biotic
  • 2nd meal: 2 fried eggs (no oil)
  • 3rd meal: 1/2 banana and a nectarine
  • 4th meal: Wasabi seaweed snacks, concord grapes
  • 5th meal: curried tuna salad lettuce wraps
  • 6th meal: filet mingon and grilled jalapeƱos, zucchini and mushrooms
  • 7th meal: little teeny tiny cheaty piece of dark chocolate
The lettuce wraps were tasty, it's the same recipe I have posted before, and I will add it to my recipes page as soon as I figure out how.

 
Then for dinner we kept it simple. E requested steak, or I might have had something a little healthier.
dinner for 2
I minced some garlic and threw it in with some olive oil, lemon juice, fresh thyme and S&P to brush on the vegetables. 

Cleanse day 9

155.8

No meals yet... I was hesitant to weigh, because my morning ritual isn't complete yet, if you know what I mean. So this also why I haven't eaten yet. I did take my probiotic and as soon as I'm done with this post I'm headed in for my fiber drink and breakfast. I really didn't eat enough veggies yesterday, so that may be precisely why I'm in my current predicament. Any way. 

As excited as I am for the cleanse to be over. I'm even more excited that I am so close to my goal weight. I need to keep that perspective, because I don't want to regain what I've lost, I want to continue losing. So the clean eating has to stick around. I have been toying with the idea lately of a throw away day. Do you know what I mean? 1 day a week, where I just allow whatever. Keep a list during the week of things that I'm craving and then on that one day a week, just go ham. I've heard of a lot of people having tremendous success with this. I'm going to keep thinking on it.

Tomorrow is my concluding day. It couldn't come sooner. 

Here's some photos of me opening a pickle jar. It was really hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment