Monday, September 2, 2013

Cleanse days 6, 7 & 8

Recap:

Cleanse day 6

156.4

  • 1st meal: pro biotic, nectarine boiled egg
  • 2nd meal: BIG CHEAT iced decaf grande americano with soy milk
  • 3rd meal: thai basil stir fry with, bok choy, mushroom, ground chicken, bell peppers and black rice
  • 4th meal: "   " x2
  • 5th meal: banana "ice cream"

I wanted coffee. Get over it.

Also, I'm sure that the food from Sweet Basil, although delicious, wasn't completely cleanse approved. I did my very best to find something on the menu that was light and full of vegetables. I don't feel badly about eating what I did and it was nice to not prepare my food for a meal (or two). The only issue was that there was SO much food. I had 2 meals worth and E had 1 meal.

It was a nice Saturday. I went and picked up my cabin feverish friend, Lance and we went to watch E play volleyball, picked up Thai food on the way home and had some lovely chats while watching "Monster In-Law." There's some good laughs in that one. Then E and I stayed in Saturday evening. I did forget to take my "Herbal Cleanse" in the evening though, cleanse fail.

Gotta be honest folks, it's not so hard anymore. Yesterday (Sunday) I met a friend at a bar because she was in need of a drink. I ordered a club soda with a lime. I also stopped at a convenience store on the way and picked up some coconut water and cashews, just in case there was an order of tots on the table, or the soda water didn't cut the craving for a drink.

But you know, it wasn't as difficult as anticipated.

After meeting up with Jess for a drink I headed down to Canbyland for a little BBQ at my sister's. I had grilled chicken, grilled zucchini and onions, quinoa garden salad and some thai peanut coleslaw. I also had a LOT of pineapple. I'm not really supposed to have fruit that's so high on the glycemic index, but I skipped the bbq sauce, corn and the delicious blackberry crisp with chantilly cream... and one of my favorite red blends. I don't feel badly about eating loads of pineapple. Why should I?

I got sleepy and didn't stay very late.

Cleanse day 7

I didn't weigh... I also didn't watch what I ate well, but there were no cheats, other than the pineapple, and I believe I was well within my caloric restrictions.

Cleanse day 8

155.4

  •  1st meal: fiber drink, 2 fried eggs (no oil)
  • 2nd meal: 1/2 banana
  • 3rd meal: ?
I am a little bothered that eating clean hasn't cut out my headaches. I was really hoping that I would be able to kick them by cleaning up my diet. I woke up with one today and am feeling very tired. I had plenty of sleep and should be feeling good. I took some ibuprofen and have been hydrating, but I've gotta hit the gym today, so hopefully getting moving will at least take my mind off of it.

I have noticed that my skin is better though! Maybe being without dairy is doing something there. I want to try to maintain these eating habits for the most part. I will reintroduce some items, but I would like for dairy and wheat to be eaten sparingly. I'm afraid I'll have a bite of something cheesy and just go crazy and eat all the cheese. I hope not. I know not. But I do miss it.

Anyway, off to the gym with me. We're in the home stretch! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. you're doing great!! and look at your weight! awesome. i'm on day 1 and I am so NOT creative with my eating like you. BOO. next time we cleanse you should live with me and cook all my meals. kthxbyeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete