Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Trying new things and scale update.

Soooooo... I know I need to get the scale hidden again, but I felt completely wrong about a 10 lb weight gain, so I stepped on the scale again today.

Sorry to disappoint you all, but I weighed in at 159lbs this morning. On an empty stomach and so forth. This is probably more accurate. Instead of a 10lb gain, it's only 7 pounds. Really, it's 7 lbs of fat. Since I haven't been lifting and have only been doing about 80 push ups and 10 minutes of ab work a week, for strength training. My muscle mass is declining, while my weight is increasing. Because I'm doing things like eating chinese food at 9:30 pm and putting cheese on everything. 

Everything is better with cheese. 

Moving on...

On Monday I did my EZ run for 45 minutes, per the running schedule. It was AWESOME. I think it was the best run I've ever had. I ran at an average of 6.1 mph. Which means, if I can keep it up, I will complete the 10k in an hour. In 45 minutes I ran 4.6 miles. EZ-ly. Afterward I was famished and went to sushi. At which, I ordered tuna and salmon sushi without rice, this is the only way to eat sushi for me anymore. If you eat 4 plates off the track, that are rolls, you're eating about a cup of white rice. White rice = a whole lot of nothing but calories. About 300 calories, no nutrition, not including: sauces, fish and wonderful things like cream cheese and avocado. Eating sashimi is less than half the calories of eating rolls. So if you like it? Order it.

Yesterday, I WENT GOLFING. 

It was weird. I've never golfed more than put put when I was in Jr. High. I have friends that love it, my dad played it every once in a while, but I've never stepped food on a golf course. E and I went with a couple of friends yesterday to an executive course, it was HOT. I am not very good at trying new things. Especially when I'm not feeling confident. I didn't want to be a poor sport. You read the post about being the chubby kid who couldn't physically do things other kids could, yeah. I don't want to live like that. Despite my strong desire to watch, I participated. 

I wasn't any good, I think I got one bogie. It was a fun day though. It's always nice to do something different. As much as we love to sit on the back porch and play cards, getting outside and trying something out of the ordinary keeps you flexible, keeps it fresh. 

After Golf we went to a bar for dinner. A bar that serves chinese food. I lost $5 on video lottery, gave my stomach sufficient grease for the year, came home, went straight to bed.

Today I have 2.5 miles on the schedule. I will either wait until evening or go to the gym this afternoon. The 10k is coming right up.

I am headed to the coast tomorrow afternoon for the Seaside Volleyball Tournament, which E is playing in. It will be a nice weekend away, I'm excited for clams... :)

Have a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment