Sunday, August 18, 2013

Running Injuries and Peanut Butter Bars.

I'm over apologizing and explaining why I don't blog more often. I hope you don't mind. Like I've said in the last few, give me a couple more weeks of summer. School routine will kick my butt right back into gear.

I got a new car and then promptly left society with Amy to camp/break in my car/scratch my car/ lose my phone/drink too much. We went camping at Timothy Lake on Tuesday and I returned yesterday (Saturday). Aside from the aforementioned hurdles, it was a relaxing trip. There were quite a few bees, though. I didn't manage to get stung but Lígo did, kind of a lot actually.

Here's the clincher folks:

13 mile hike.

That's right! Amy and I did it up like athletes and hiked the Pacific Crest trail and around Timothy lake in a whopping 4.5 hours. We hiked a half marathon. It was beautiful, and not too challenging until the last 2 miles. You see, being the silly girls we are, we did not bring a back pack camping. Therefore, there was no food or water packing of the sort. We had 24 oz of water (to share) and 2 granola bars. It tided us over, but it's fair to say that we were spent upon returning to the campground. As was pup.

Amy made a lot of peanut butter bars though, so don't worry, I fixed up that calorie deficit REAL quick like.

I have a problem. A pickle really.

I have been getting shin splints and calf cramping when I run. Even veeeery short distances. This is strange, because I have been running off and on for a while and haven't experienced a shin splint in over 3 years. So, as per doctor's orders (doctor being E) I rested up. Then we did the 13 miler and all of the sudden I haven't run in over a week. Convenient too, because that 10k is on Saturday. Am I royally screwed? I don't think so. Will I be able to run the whole thing in an hour? Probably not. Do I need a new pair of running shoes? Definitely. I think it's a little late to break in a new pair, so I'm hoping I can just deal with it and the adrenaline will push me through, I'm also hoping that all the rest I've been getting will put me back in fine form. After I post this, I will be headed out for a 3 miler on the waterfront. I'll let you know how that goes.

My oldest gal pal and bestie, Bethany May, is headed into town this weekend! I could not be more thrilled. Even if it means I have to whoop it up at the Wild Hare in Canby for the night. She lives in Colorado and I don't get to see her but a couple days a year, so, I'm pumped. I want to go visit her for Spring Break this year, if she'll have me. ;)

In other news: Yes, I got a new car. Yes, I love it. Yes, I scratched the shit out of it already. No, I haven't weighed myself. I hope the number's not growing.

Since I lost another phone, in no truer Jacob fashion, I lost all the wonderful photos I took to put in this posting. I won't be buying a new phone until the new iphone comes out and makes the iphone 5 super cheap. It will be a great day when I return to modern society.

Oh, and lastly, I start my cleanse on Monday, August 26th! You can join me if you like, by ordering the 10-day cleanse from my favorite Advocare rep, Michelle from Shape Up or Ship Out.


No comments:

Post a Comment