Tuesday, August 20, 2013

New shews.

This is where I'm blogging from today. The desk in the guest bedroom, with my post run hydration, half a personal melon and a big ole' cup of water. I love those personal melons... so shweet.


I bit the bullet and bought new kicks. It's late for breaking in shoes, but I figure "Hey, it's only 6.2 miles. Right?! I went into Dick's Sporting Goods in search of a more affordable running shoe. I jogged around in a few, but these feet only want Brooks. More specifically Brooks Ghost. I have been running in Brooks Ghosts before they were called Ghosts and now they're on their 6th generation. I love them because I can go longer distances without any discomfort in calves/shins/hamstrings, but I hate them because they only come in mom colors. For once I would like a pair of fun bright neon shoes or something.
I picked them up last night and did 2 miles of normal jogging and then 10 minutes of 1min x 1min sprints. I'm a little out of condition because I took so much time off, but like I said before... it's only 6.2 miles, right?!

You know, running is great. It's a full body work out. It has a huge friendly community. You don't need a gym membership. It offers different levels of difficulty just by tweaking things like speed, elevation, intervals, road vs. trail... it's great. But it's hard. Most folks don't just wake up one morning and think, "I haven't run in a year, I think I'll just tick of 5 miles today. No biggie." It's not something that remains in good condition if you neglect it. It takes devotion and the capacity to push yourself. If you always run the same pace, on the same terrain, you won't improve. I wonder a lot, if I have the personality to be a runner. I'm not the most ambitious of people and I have a hard time making myself do something I don't feel like doing. I keep thinking that at some point it will be effortless to have a quick 5 mile run, but that's just not true. It gets easier, for sure. I've already experienced that, but I'm not to the point where a run gets me pumped up. I enjoy exercise. I like what it does for my mood, appetite,  stamina and body. The point of a good work out, is for it to always be a challenge. So I suppose I need a mind adjustment.

It should never be easy. Easy = Bad. Hard = Good.

That's not an equation my brain is comfortable with.

Along with my new shoes, I picked up a handy-dandy runnin' cap. I look silly in baseball caps. Spare your jabs. This one is from Target. It's breathable, has UV protection and a cooling sweat band. I gotta tell ya, it's nice to run without sunglasses and no sweat in your eyes. I also got some headbands and some moisturizer.
I am going to plan out my meals for the cleanse today and do some grocery shopping. They key to success is planning! I have been splurging, knowing that the cleanse is around the corner and I have cheated the shit out of these cleanses before. This time I want to do it right. So my blog tomorrow with consist of the meal plan, grocery list and recipes if you are interested in doing it along with me.

I hope you all are doing well and enjoying the beautiful weather!

aaaaand here is a cute picture of E eating a milkshake. I'm a lucky gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment