Friday, August 23, 2013

Friends.

I don't want to be a poor friend. I mean, I'm always going to be poor, but I could at least be a good friend that's poor. You get what I'm saying.

We all have weaknesses and shortcomings, that's the essence of humanity. Imperfection. We are imperfectly perfect individuals, but that is no excuse for lack of effort. Every instant is an opportunity to better oneself.

I have many beautiful, inspiring, intelligent, hilarious and kind hearted friends. Each one of them, I value sincerely. My relationships with each of them are so unique. Through the fire and back, they have stuck with me, nurtured me, laughed with me and cried with me. I honestly can't say that I would be breathing today with out them. My girlfriends have been everything and more, in times that I was slipping into nothingness.

I don't always show them how much I value them. I have a tendency to be flaky and self centered. I have a habit of bringing a conversation about them, to me. I honestly care for their predicament, I just find that it's easiest for me to connect when I relate, but it's still not ok. I also tend to get involved in situations that aren't mine. I wouldn't say I'm a pot-stirrer per-say, but I am a fixer. Sometimes things aren't mine to fix and my good intentions swiftly become a whole new mess. There are certain habits I have that I am not proud of and I hate how they affect the people I love. So with utmost humility, I am attempting to tackle these shortcomings.

Good intentions don't erase mistakes. Just because you don't mean to hurt or neglect someone, doesn't mean you haven't.

Also, don't text conversations that tone of voice is important. :) I can't tell you how many times I have text/said something lighthearted via text and it is read/heard in a not so flattering tone. Technology. The death of interpersonal relationships.

To my gal pals: I love you. I appreciate you and everything you have done to contribute to my life. You have more value than any possession (including my new car) and I am sorry for any time I have made you feel unloved, disrespected or pushed too hard. I would be devastated to lose a single one of you. You are cherished.

Could I BE anymore cheesy? But really, I mean it. You knock my socks off. As does Rose.

Anyway, I'm running a 10k tomorrow. Let's hope I don't die!

If you need me today, I'll be busy laying about, hydrating and doing light yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment