Monday, August 26, 2013

Cleanse Day 1

Hello friends!

First, I want to let you know how the race went on Saturday. I didn't sleep, hardly at all the night before. I was anxious because it was my first ever race. I arrived late, of course. I was also $5 short on my registration... talk about being unprepared. I was the last person to leave the gates at 7:12 am and made my way. I must have been in a hurry to catch up to some folks, because I finished my first mile in just over 8 minutes. Unfortunately, the chip in my bib wasn't started at the right time. So I didn't even print out my results, it claimed that I completed my 10k in 1:18, but I left at 7:12 am and was back no later than 8:20, but probably a little bit earlier. I felt really good about it. My body just kind of took over, and there were no shin splints or charlie horses, it wasn't too hot and I just enjoyed myself.


So that's good. Not to start training for a half. There is one coming up on October 20th called "The Run Like Hell" and it's Halloween themed, and encourages runners to dress up. Which could be AWESOME. I am not fully committed yet, but I am researching training schedules.

Cleanse day 1.

I should preface that I ate Chinese food for about 4 meals over the weekend. I also ate a Costco muffin and finished my pre-cleanse binge with about 15 glasses of pinot, creamy mushroom pasta and ficoccia bread. I am very well behaved and also super bloated, so it was no surprise to me, 3 days before my monthly visit and with a lack of #2 today, that my day 1 weigh in was...

161.8lbs.

Apparently my body is keen on that number.

The eats went as such:


  • 1st meal: fiber drink, 1 c. strawberries, 24 oz water
  • 2nd meal: 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites with asparagus, onion, tomato, tarragon, garlic powder and S&P
  • 3nd meal: 1/2 c blueberries, serving baby carrots, tuna with stone ground mustard, craisins and raw cashews, 24 oz water
  • 4rd meal: 1/2 Think Thin white chocolate protein bar, 1/2 banana
  • 5th meal: Wasabi seaweed snacks 24 oz water
  • 6th meal: Lentil stew and whole grain brown rice, 24 oz of water
Lentil Stew recipe
    Serves about 6
  • 2 large tomatoes, large dice
  • 2 nectarines, large dice
  • 1 sweet onion, large dice
  • 1 medium egg plant, large dice
  • 1 t coconut oil
  • 1.5 c lentils
  • 1/2 c raisins (golden are preferred)
  • 2 c Veg stock
  • 2 c water
  • 1 t garam masala
  • 1/4 t chili powder
  • 1 t salt
  • 1/4 t cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 t cloves
  • 1/2 ground thyme


  1. Saute onion with coconut oil, add spices and bloom for 2-3 minutes.
  2. Add lentils, saute for 3-5 minutes.
  3. Add tomatoes, nectarines, egg plant, raisins, vegetable stock and water.
  4. Cover and simmer 30-45 minutes, or until lentils are soft. Add more liquid if it becomes dry, and salt to taste.
This is pretty easy to make, just has to cook for a while. E and I really enjoyed this, especially since it was a rainy and chilly day. Autumn decided to make a visit, I truly hope it's only a visit though. I'm not done with summer. 

I am very thankful for the rain though. The fire risk has been HIGH all summer since it's been so dry and these forest fires have been unstoppable. I'm thankful that our firefighters are getting some help in the form of inches of rain.

I haven't worked out since the run and it's been a lovely break. Tomorrow morning, I am going to hike Angel's rest with a couple of friends. E has expressed a desire to start going to the gym with me... I am interested to see how that pans out. I do need to get in there and start lifting. Miss it.

Day 1: success.



No comments:

Post a Comment