Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Cleanse Day 2

160.4

I hate that number so much. I have been in the 150s for about a year, and these last couple of months, dancing on this 160 line is pissing me off. Luckily in a couple more days it will be gone again. I'm getting excited to make it into the 140s. I think I will just keep pushing until I get there this time, and hold onto it for dear life.

People are really worked up about Miley Cyrus right now. In my opinion, her VMAs performance was just bad. She looked bad, she sounded bad, her whole production was just BAD. It was no more or less provocative than some Rihanna or Lady Gaga performances. She's 20 years old, if she wants to be an idiot, sounds like her burden to bear.

Moving on.

Last night I went to bed with a headache, I couldn't get to sleep. So I didn't make it out to the hike this morning. Unfortunately, my headache is still holding on. I regularly get cluster headaches in the afternoon... Not normally in the morning. Also not usually bad enough to make me nauseated. I think maybe one day without sugar, wine, caffeine, dairy and gluten has made it clear to me that I have some dependencies. I feel really yucky.

I want to make it to the gym today, but with this headache... I don't know what I can accomplish.

3 hrs later...

I have started laundry, given the dog a bath and walk, done some light yoga... still not feeling up to par. I also tried making some microwave zucchini chips. Epic fail. The chip craving lives on, so there are currently kale "chips" with sea salt and garam masala in the oven. Hopefully these will at least be crispy.

Today is a maje cleanse trial fail day. First, I thought I would start off my day with a delicious fruit and veggie "smoothie." I should have looked up a recipe. There was so much kale and pulp that I was chewing the damn thing. I still drank it, but it was not good. Also, I'm about 98% sure I broke the blender.

Next I tried the zucchini chips. I was hungry and wanted salty/crispy so I looked up recipes, but all of them took over an hour, so I tried the microwave recipe. Very soggy. Very salty. Mostly I just ate soggy salty zucchini with hummus on top. I am learning how much I hate to waste fresh produce.

Now I have kale in the oven. I already feel like I'm going to hate it.

We have some friends coming over to eat delicious alaskan halibut, which I'll be cooking. Thinking of doing it 2 ways. One way on the grill with a fresh avocado and nectarine salsa and then a macadamia coconut crusted one. I will probably not eat the 2nd mentioned, because I will fry it for them. Tastier. I plan to make a brown rice side and some grilled veggies also.

My fridge is packed to the brim with produce, lets see how much of it ends up in compost.

I also have been slacking on the water intake a bit. I am at about 50 oz and it's already 2:30pm. Guess I better try harder!

Cleanse day 2:

160.4 lbs
  • 1st meal: fiber drink and nasty smoothie (1/2 banana, 1/2 apple, 3 stalks kale, carrot juice, orange juice, 3 strawberries)
  • 2nd meal: gross zucchini "chips" and hummus
  • 3rd meal: 1/2 pink lady apple and peanut butter, 1 c sliced cucumber
  • 4th meal: inevitably disgusting kale "chips"
  • 5th meal: undecided
  • 6th meal: grilled halibut, fruit salsa and grilled veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment