Monday, August 5, 2013

Beasts, Boats and Body Image.

E surprised me with the most wonderful and romantic date I have ever been on, on Thursday night. He took me to a restaurant in NE Portland, called Beast. I had no idea he had made a reservation here, I had no idea what we were doing, we just got dressed up and he drove me to an undisclosed location. Folks, I cried. It was a 6 course meal with wine pairings and surely a high price tag, but something I will never forget. I felt like the most lucky and loved woman in the whole world. We were also that couple. That couple that makes you want to barf because they're constantly gazing into each others eyes and stealing kisses at every opportunity. I could care less though, because we're in love and that's what people do when they're in love. Here's some photos from our special night.





On Friday morning, I had a run with Amy on the waterfront


On Saturday, Michelle came up and we took her and Brandon out on the boat.
we tubed
I wakeboarded (so did Brandon, but I don't have a photo!)
It was a good day. Probably ate too much, probably drank too much...

Sometimes it seems like everything is a good idea, and you've got it under control. I have maintained a weight from 152-156lbs for 2 years. I have been noticing that my body has been a little extra squishy lately, but didn't think much of it. I don't like to worry about the number, but yesterday I just had to know. Because I'm an idiot.

I weighed in at a svelte 162lbs. Given, there are a lot of factors involved, such as having just eaten, being bloated from a day of drinking, just getting off my period, etc. But this is not a number I enjoy looking at. It's not a testament of my life change. It doesn't depict the work I put in to get healthy.

I've been plain lazy. I was too confident in my ability to live carefree and also continue getting closer to my goal weight. Where I was once only 12 lbs from... now I'm 22lbs from it. This is a set back. A minor one, but it is making me really sit back and evaluate the choices I've been making for the past 2 months. How I've been feeling (not good), how much water I've been drinking (not enough), and now to repercussions of said choices. The biggest issue here that I am constantly checking myself on, is how it's affecting my sense of well being. I get depressed. It affects my desire to socialize, exercise and just overall, be a good partner and friend. I am a believer in, "If you don't like it, change it." I know that's a lot easier said than done, but getting in motion is the first step. I could sit around, keep eating my feelings and gain more or I can make a choice TODAY, to get back to the person I want to be.

I like me. I know a lot about exercise and nutrition. I enjoy these things. It's only when I get lazy that I forget.

So I ordered the Advocare 10 day cleanse and am excited to get back on track. Once it arrives, I will give you a play by play of how it's working out.

Speaking of working out, I am registering to take both yoga and weight lifting through the college in the fall. Summer is great and all, but I think most of you can agree with me when I say that we thrive on routine. It is just going through the motions during the school year. Wake up, hydrate, work out, eat, shower, class, eat, class, eat, class, eat and sleep. There is less social eating and drinking involved. I get better sleep, at reasonable hours. I don't consume 1000 calories of vodka or wine on a random Wednesday night.

I never thought I would say this, but I'm pumped to not drink for 10 days. Maybe I'll go through with the whole 24 day challenge. I kind of doubt it, but maybe!

Anyway, time to give the dog a bath, hit the gym and do some grocery shopping. I hope you all get through this Monday alive. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rae, I just got your comment on my blog. I did pick the nominations already, sorry. I like your blog. You and your significant other are so sweet together. You make a beautiful couple.

    Don't worry too much about dieting just be consistent in exercising and eating right. You are young so the weight will come off easy enough. Cut portions and drink wine instead of sweet mixed drinks. You are lovely in your photos and don't look like you need to lose.

    Take care of yourself. Stop over to my blog any time. It is nice to chat.
    Best wishes,
    Janice

    ReplyDelete