Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Unfortunate Circumstances Lead to Expensive Solutions

My life these days. Ridiculous.

So my damn car broke down AGAIN.

Tip: NEVER BUY A BMW X5. They're pretty and whisper your name and have heated seats and awesome sound systems... they're like a siren really. THEY WILL KILL YOU.

Moral of the story, I'm an idiot and thought I could handle the expense and I unfortunately cannot. Nor can I handle the anxiety of all of the angry lights and service engine warnings and $1200 repair fees on the reg.
Bernita being hauled away for the last time.

So I'm picking up my car from the shop today, only to detail it and sell it as soon as possible. If you know any poor souls that have a pension for luxury vehicles that kill you softly, this one has been well taken care of. It has had all of the suggested maintenance for it's mileage, including (but certainly not limited to) a new alternator, transmission flush, spark plugs, new coolant reservoir, transfer casing and fluid (whatever that means) has good tires and brakes and needs to be sold ASAP. Craigslist listing to come.

I'm buying a new car. Here's what I'm going to test drive:
2013 Kia Soul

2013 Subaru Forrester

2014 Mazda CX-5
The Kia because I think it's cute and I don't care what you think, also it's about $10k cheaper than the alternatives. Subaru because I love Subarus and I like the new body style of the Forrester, it also is ranked #2 in crossovers because of fuel economy, reliability and safety. The Mazda CX-5 is my front runner. I mean, look at it. Also, it's ranked #1 in new crossovers, has great gas mileage, inexpensive maintenance and a nice interior. Let's be real, that's what I care about, I bought a BMW. UUUUghh.

I'm excited for a new car. I wish it wasn't coming at such a price, meaning, I just spent about $2500 in the shop and my Bimmer will only sell for around $9k. Ready for it to be over, but not thrilled with the lesson learned.

Don't live beyond your means.

Anyway, I just finished leftover fish tacos and a glass of ice cold Coca Cola for breakfast...in bed. WINNER!


It was really good, and fish tacos aren't that bad for you. I did rockfish and cod. I found this marinade online. I love it and use it for chicken, carne asada and fish, you can find it here Mexican marinade. Really delicious. I even used the leftover marinade to toss the cabbage in, turned out awesome. I think my favorite part of the tacos might have been the creamy avocado sauce I made up.

1/2 avocado
1/4 c greek yogurt
1/4c cilantro
juice from 1/2 lime
clove of carlic
salt
Pinch Ancho chili powder
Milk for desired thickness

I just threw it all in the blender and crossed my fingers. Love it. Plan to dip tortilla chips in it later.

So about the running. I've been dragging my feet, but getting it done. Here's my run from Sunday:




Yesterday I did my 35 min easy run and finished with 3.27 miles. Then did 30 push ups, some ab work, bicep curls and a lot of stretching. Today is a rest day, I'm thrilled about it. Tomorrow I'm going to hit the gym and do some upper body shredding. I need it. I'm losing some of those lines and tone I was getting with the lifting. It's been about 2 weeks since I've had a good sweat sesh under some weight. I can also tell I've lost some strength and I want it back!

So that's that.

Oh, and my poor puppy has another infection. I'm trying using Aged Kyolic Garlic extract rather than putting him on another round of antibiotics. I'm also giving him medicated baths as often as I can. Hopefully we can resolve it holistically and avoid the vet.

I have a monster headache. Sangria to blame? NEVER!

I hope you're having a happy Tuesday.


2 comments:

  1. Also, Paul will call you a lesbian throughout high school if you get a Forrester. FML.

    ReplyDelete