Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What happened to Wednesday?

 Last night, E taught me how to play Pai gow. Fun poker game. We sat out on the porch until 1am playing cards and talking. When I got home, he was taking a shower before bed, it was almost 10pm, and I was up and at 'em. I told him it was ok, he can go to bed and he said, "No! I want to stay up and bee-bop with my baby!" (that's for you, Michelle. so many bops.)  It was a wonderful night.

 I woke up with no real intentions, but to work on my homework and enjoy the beautiful weather. Then E told me that the landlord is coming by tomorrow. We are good housekeepers. We live in a beautiful house and we're proud of it. The backyard is in full bloom right now, peonies, iris, roses and several other flowers. It's really an oasis and we wait all winter long for the sun to come out so we can sit on the deck for every meal and entertain. So it's arrived, but over the winter the pup ripped a trail through the lawn and the gutters needed cleaning. The kitchen needed to be cleaned, we needed groceries and the list goes on and on.

This is the first time I've sat down, aside from in my car on the way to the grocery store. By 10 am I was on the roof with a push broom, sweeping and cleaning out the gutters, then I came off the roof and swept the debris off the deck. Proceeded to hand till the spots of dead grass, spread seed, spread soil. Then I deep cleaned the kitchen and headed to the store. I decided to go to a local produce market that I had kind of written off because I didn't feel the quality was up to par, but I decided to try, because I have a rhubarb pie addict. Since rhubarb is in season at the moment, I'm clearing them out and freezing pie portions of rhubarb for my babe (who happens to be napping at the moment, siesta!). I was SO thrilled with the selection. Local berries, tons of organic produce-- I was in heaven. Which is how I managed to spend $55. Then I headed to the supermarket for some essentials and headed home.

Then I baked a pie. Marionberry, rhubarb pie on a whole wheat crust. I'm also experimenting with Stevia in the Raw at the moment. Stevia is a (supposed) all natural calorie free sweetener, I need to research it more, but the claims are good. I'm hesitant to encourage it's use, because I know so little about it. But for my recipe, I cut the sugar down and used 2/3 sugar and 1/3 stevia. Rhubarb pie calls for so much sugar! It's hard for myself to allow a piece, 2 and 1/2 cups sugar in the pie? That means that each slice has 1/3 cup of sugar. Uhm... that's a big no-no. The problem here, is that I'm a big idiot and didn't look at the conversion charts for baking with stevia. Get this: 1 c. sugar = 1 tsp stevia. So. I have a SUUUUUUUPER sweet rhubarb pie. Eric loves sweet, but I don't know if he'll even eat it. So, about that, whoops. Moving on.


I picked some flowers from our yard, they're pretty.


Then I did some laundry, the one chore that never ends.

Then I wrote this mediocre blog post, while drinking wine (it's after 5, get over it).


But now I should do homework. Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment