Friday, June 7, 2013

Happy Friday

It's the last day of class!

Now that we've established that, I grilled this for dinner the other night. Love to grill. It's the best $150 I ever spent.

If you're looking for me over the next 3 months, I will most likely be on the back deck, eating, drinking or grilling something.

But not this weekend! As I've mentioned before, I'm headed to the coast for Katie's birthday. My little sister and her roommate Paisley, will be at my house by 2:30 this afternoon and we will hit the road no later than 3. I cut and packed some fruit and vegetables (and wine) last night and we'll be doing some grocery shopping when we get there. Katie requested seafood for dinner, so I was thinking of picking up some dungeness crab and steamer clams for dinner. I LOVE CLAMS. So excited... but I could use a nap.

My psychology professor brought in rice crispy treats, because she's nice and we're celebrating the end of the term. In 6 days I will be all done with my finals and ready to relax a bit, really not for long, because I still haven't filed my FAFSA for next term, and I will be registering for Fall term sooner than I'd like to admit. I'm raining on my own parade. Lame. It doesn't change that the summer is going to be full of friends, family, BBQ and sunshine. Anyway, I really like rice crispy treats and I had one. I could have 29, but I'll stick with the one. Also, the radishes I ate earlier totes gave me heartburn. WTF?

Yesterday I had my Body Fat Percentage tested and was put at 22.1%. As you know I was hoping for 19%, but that would require eating a lot less carbs and booze than I did over the term. I'm really happy with having lost 2.6% body fat. That means I lost 10% of the fat I carried before the class started. I DEFINITELY will continue lifting. Love how strong I am, love how I feel, love how I look. It's a good thing. Going to be putting together my summer workout schedule this weekend and I would like to be spending at least 3 hours a week in the weight room. I got the time to spare, so I will be tearing it up! Also need to get back into running a little, want to do a 10k in August. I'll let you know what my schedule will be once it's formulated and y'all can keep me accountable.

After weight lifting, my spotter buddy wanted to go to the beauty supply and then out for sushi, and even though I was sweaty and foul and had a lunch packed, we went. I really enjoy sushi, but I don't go very often because I have no control over how much I eat. I swear, I'm all "it's lean and healthy" so I proceed to eat until I need to be rolled out. Whole new meaning to sushi roll. It was delicious, but I was stuffed. Also, about the pie! That conversion chart I looked at was wrong, the pie is delicious! I went to the Stevia in the Raw site, and they say it's the same volume to sweetness as sugar so, 1 c stevia = 1 c sugar. It's a perfect little pie. Which is why I ate half a slice for breakfast and half a slice for after dinner dessert. Today when I get home, I'm going to throw together a marionberry cobbler for my sister's birthday dessert, I will use stevia in this also (Sorry to Emily and Pais, who are all paleo and won't be able to indulge!).

Truth is, I don't want to research stevia, because I don't want to learn that the processing is awful and I really shouldn't be eating it. However, I don't believe that any sweetener can be completely calorie free and also completely risk free. So... Until I run out of stevia at home, I don't want to know the risks. Ignorance is bliss.

Also, it's National Doughnut Day.
 

JUST SAY NO.
To donuts (doughnuts?) and drugs.

I'm not sure if I will get around to blogging this weekend, so I make no promises! If you don't hear from me, I hope you have a beautiful weekend. If you're fortunate enough to live in Oregon, enjoy all of this glorious sunshine.

1 comment: