Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Vegas and Other Stuff


Flying 

It has been a whirlwind of awesome and social events the last 3 days. We have had company over almost every night, lots of wine and gabbing. It's been great.

On Wednesday, After a delivious breakfast, persuaded Jacob to do a work out with me. We did a total body video OnDemand. Lots of lunges, burps etc. Then we took puppy for a walk. It was a nice little work out. I forget the name of the video, but the whole time I was thinking: "This is pretty easy, why am I sweating so much?"




 Then we headed out to do some pre-vegas shopping for Jacob. It was a successful shop! 



Then friends came over, I did a little bit of hair. Rachel came and we reapplied her purple and fixed up my roots. It was a little bit of an early night, but I cannot fully express to you how wonderful it has been to have Jake here. I know we're coming up on a separation, but I don't want to focus on that. Just making memories and enjoying his company. After all, true friendships can endure any distance. Especially with all of technology that's accessible these days

Thursday we were sure we would work out after that pansy video, turns out we;re (still) really sore. Whoops. Hamstrings like rubberbands and screaming glutes. So Thursday morning, we popped up thinking we were going to head out onto the boat, but it didn't end up happening. Instead we got pedicures (I also got a shellac mani in sparkly Barbie pink and brow wax). 

Gotcha! That's my FAKE-gagement ring for Vegas. I am NOT engaged... Yet.

After our pampering we headed downtown to have happy hour at a Peruvian restaurant called Andina to meet with sister emily and gal pal Amy. I have something to say about Andina. It's just, ok. The prices are a bit steep for underwhelming food. It's good, but not to die for. If you're going to try it, shoot for the ceviche. They have that going on, but really, the only way to screw up ceviche is use old fish. I don't think I will be returning, except for the incredible cocktail that's named after city, Sachsayuman. My sister Emily has spent some time in Peru and the locals joke about this city, calling it "sexy woman" (like me! right?)  It's a mango purree with a habenero kick. Mmmm.

After Andina, we went to my sister's beauty school because she was practicing her A-line on Amy and I decided to get a trim from one of the students. I usually will trim my own hair, but figured, it's cheap and sometimes its nice to have someone who can see the back of my head. I regret this decision. It took 2 hours for this student to do a haircut that take me 20 minutes. Frankly, my time is worth more than the $35 I saved going to the school. I will return for my sister when she needs heads to practice on, but I will never go for any other reason. I did get lots of compliments on my color though. :)

After the eternal haircut, I met with Jacob and Brandon for a couple drinks, headed home, stayed up too late playing cards and doing laundry and lagged a little bit on our way out. It's all right though. Everything's packed checked and we are halfway to Vegas at the moment. I have already started to enjoy my 5 pound weight gain from vegas. We started with a homemade cheese pizza for breakfast and then I had a cob salad and tater tots for lunch. Then I proceeded to buy peanut butter M&Ms. It's fine, this is one of those times when I embrace the fact that weight fluctuates and I want to enjoy every meal and moment I have on vacation! 


Beyoncé is tomorrow. I have a feeling it will be an all day waiting situation. So upon landing we're going to tour the resort we're staying at, grab some dinner and call it an early night. Oh and did I mention (if I did, i will gladly mention it again) it is going to be obscenely hot while we're there. So if I don't get a wicked tan, it's because I never stepped outdoors. 

Getting excited! Only one more hour! I do have to say, I miss E and the pup already. I left him secret notes all over the house, for him to find while I'm away. I love him so, wish he should have come with us. Honestly though…. he wouldn't have had as much fun as Jacob and I will. :)

I hope you're all well! Get ready for epic photos! Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment