Wednesday, June 26, 2013

It's a great day in American History

Hey folks. Just popping in to let you know that my blogging is going to be even more inconsistent than it has been, for the next two weeks. A lot going on, but I will get posts in! Just not every day.

First of all, I just want to take a moment to recognize and celebrate the leaps and bounds that we, as a country, are making towards equality. I also want to say that we are making history folks, we will remember these days forever. It seems silly to me, that these are even social or ethical issues. I wasn't raised to see the difference between different kinds of people and relationships. Frankly, these changes are overdue. I look forward to the day that "the gay thing" is no longer discussed, because it really is getting old. People are people, unique in every way, and anyone who takes it upon themselves to judge or enforce their personal agenda, is a fool. To clarify: believe whatever you want, but keep it that way. Your beliefs. Don't be ignorant to the enlightenment and ethicality of people who are different from you.

So, as you know, Jacob Jacob reunion began yesterday. I woke up, did some last minute chores and got a quick run in, then picked him up at the train station and we enjoyed a lazy afternoon.
Cozy guest bed.

Then a bunch of folks came over for a little BBQ and some Catch Phrase. It turned out to be a really awesome night. I didn't have my phone on me all night, so I didn't get any photos taken. It's all good though, there will be more fabulous photos than you'll know what to do with in the next week.

Jacob is still sleeping. I should have hit the gym before he woke up, but instead I'm going to propose that we work out together... we'll see how that goes. :)

Today is a girly day, going to take Jacob to do some shopping, but I think I will abandon him to get a mani/pedi. Then Rachel is going to come over, I'm going to put more purple in her hair and freshen up my roots before the Las Vegas adventure!

By the way, it's going to be over 115 degrees in Vegas while we're there. Shoot me now. Death by bullet sounds better than slow death by melting.

Anyway, I will be posting soon, and I promise to be taking pictures. Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment