Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Not so lazy wednesday

Let's start with yesterday, I went for my run... it was not pretty. The terrain here is nothing like the beach and 5 miles on a flat track is one thing. Running up and down mountains is another.
Not my best work and I was beat. I did some intervals in the middle and there was definitely some walking. But you know? Gotta start somewhere. No matter the time, it was a great burn.

On the topic of burn and running: I love my Wahoo fitness blue tooth chest strap. I got it off of amazon for $70 and I love, love, love being able to accurately monitor my heart rate and calorie burn. As you can see from my stats, my heart was pumping. I think I was also a bit dehydrated, I'm sure that didn't help. But whatever, it will only get easier and faster from here on out.

After my run/jog/walk, I had this rehydrating "snack"
So excited that summer produce is coming around! This is a good melon, and E and I have no problem finishing a whole one before it goes bad.

Today, I had a very full day. Initially I was planning to do a little pre-vegas shopping (I need a swimsuit and some clothes for hot weather) and my friend, Nikki's hair, but instead I got my oil changed, went to the beauty supply, grocery shopped, worked out and had a wonderful dinner with gal pal, Amy. This is the first opportunity I've had to write! I almost put it off until tomorrow, but had a little evening energy.

For my workout, I did about 45 minutes of lifting and ab work, then hit the elliptical for 20 minutes, didn't have a lot of time today, but wanted to make sure I got both lifting and cardio work in, just cut it back. I want to show you some photos from my progress since I've started lifting weights. I want to preface with the fact that I thought I would see better results. I'm happy with the changes, but without changing my nutrition, this is as good as it gets. Here goes:
before 4/6/13

after 6/19/13

before

after

After a good work out, I headed to my friend Nikki's house to do her hair. We've known each other for about... 13 years? Holy crap. She has a beautiful daughter and 5 weeks ago had a little baby boy. He's super precious, but she was ready for a new do. So we did a little ombré and a cut. Love it, maybe my favorite I've done for her. Here's some pics:

before

after
She's so gorgeous, it really doesn't matter what we do with her hair, always looks bangin'.

Dinner with Amy was wonderful, she made this delicious whole wheat pasta with goat's cheese, sundried tomatoes, spinach and garlic. I couldn't get enough. Cut myself off. Then we went and picked up some 7 layer bars from a local spot and chatted a bit. So glad her and her husband are back from Hawaii. It's so nice having them close by.

So, that's a wrap. I think it's bed time. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment