Friday, June 21, 2013

Happy Friday friends!

Helloooooooooer.

I'm very sleepy at the moment, going to take a little nappy nap in a moment, but wanted to pop in.

Yesterday I had a catch up sesh with a forever friend, Emily and her sweet baby boy, Nolan. I meant to take a photo! Don't know why I didn't. Just get distracted. It was great to see her, but my baby fever has been fed. Also, funny story, I take prenatal vitamins for my nails and hair and and keep them on a shelf in the bathroom. E got a call from his friend wishing him Happy Father's day on Sunday. Hahaha, guess I have to keep those concealed or men make assumptions. Women know! You all know that prenatals are good for things, other than growing babies!

After lunch with Em, I decided to head downtown and do some shopping. I went to Macy's because I had a dress to return (super cute gift from Rach, but didn't fit.). So I had $39 to spend at Macy's. Since when did if get so expensive? I also realized that I have no idea what looks good on me, nor to I hve an understanding of what's "in". So I have to try EVERYthing on. Pain in the ass. Oh well. I tried about 20 things on at Macy's and ended up getting a pair of shorts and a tube of my favorite mascara from Benefit.

Then I realized that I don't like to shop at expensive places anymore, it causes me a lot of stress. So I went to Ross. Think what you will, but if you are willing to take a little time, you can score. I got a couple of dresses a couple tops and 1.5 swimsuits.... still looking for a plain black top to go with a some great bottoms. I spent a total of $69 there. Feel good about it. I then stopped for a happy hour drink (or three) and headed to H&M in search of the black bikini top. I got a pair of black trouser shorts and a black strapless top for less than $19. I got a good haul at a good price.

Shorts, size 9/10; tops, medium; dresses, medium

Then I realized I had lost my keys. I guess drinking, shopping and wearing 6 inch wedges don't mix. Luckily someone found them and turned them into security, but not before I had searched every corner of the earth. My feet were screaming by the time I got home. Had a mellow night with E, bedtime early.

Today I woke up around 8, cleaned a little, got some laundry going, had breakfast in bed and went for a run. Decided to skip the hills and drove to a track. I did 3 miles and then walked 1 at the end. My ankles are still aching a bit from the heels yesterday, but not trying to be a whiner. My time was significantly better without the hills. Gal pal Amy is joining the running challenge, hopefully she, Michelle and I will be hitting the 10k in August and the Color Run coming up in September.


After the run I was famished. So I made a healthy and huge lunch of grilled rockfish with lemon, dill and lemon pepper, grilled brussel sprouts, onions and squash, and corn on the cob. I put it all on top of a salad of red leaf lettuce and spinach. De-lish and filling. Now I'm full and sleepy.


Tonight is date night. I'm not 100% sure what E has in store. But I'm pretty sure it involves Baja Fresh. Which I'm excited for. I don't think every date needs to be fancy and expensive... and since I think he's also taking me to do more shopping.... I'm not complaining. :) I'll make sure to take some photos of our blinding attractiveness tonight.

Peace out.










No comments:

Post a Comment