Monday, May 13, 2013

Just another Monday

Got a solid work out in today! Felt good, because I did, indeed, eat ice cream for breakfast yesterday. I also didn't work out, not even a little bit. We all need our rest! Yesterday was my sabbath. :)

So today, for my work out, I went to the gym. I work out at 24 Hour Fitness close by. They actually have REALLY reasonable prices these days and all the classes are included, so if you need a gym, I really have no qualms with 24. I go to the weight room first and foremost, because I know if I burn out on cardio, I won't lift. I also have learned that I burn more fat if I lift first. Can't tell you exactly why, but I could do some research and let you know next time.

So in the weights room I started with 40 push-ups. 40 "boy" push-ups. I really encourage all women to take up doing push ups the hard way. I know it sucks at first, and you might not even be able to do 5 at first, but you build it up and it feels real good to bust out 40 push ups (it's also a free boob lift). Then I did some weighted squats, I put 95# on my shoulders and did 3 sets of 10. After that, I hit the adducter and abductor machines (both at 130#) and did 3 sets of 10- I have really noticed a difference in my physique with these. I know a lot of women covet the "leg gap" and these machines really help it out (along with good old lunges). Then I did some leg curls to strengthen my hamstrings. I think strengthening your hammys is SUPER important. Especially if you're doing a lot of cardio. Your hamstring is a real pain to injure. Literally PAINFUL, and it limits your abilities to do anything that gets your heart rate up. After that I shifted to upper body, did some lateral pull-downs (90#), shoulder presses and some biceps curls. Finished up my strength training with some straight legged slow-mo crunches, bicycles and a 90 second plank. I then hit the elliptical, where I did 55 minutes on a full body interval with a low resistance of 6 and a high of 15.

Been loving this album, all the time, but I listen to it when working out too, fave song "Same Love":

After I stretched (please don't skip stretching... like ever) I took this gem:
Lookin' good, red as a ripe tomato and soaked in sweat that surely had a ripeness of it's own
I wanted to post a photo of how well I clean up, but this is the best I got, and my dogs expression is worth a thousand words.

After my work out I went to Costco and Trader Joe's to pick up some essentials, and also some luxuries. Here are two of my guilty pleasures that MUST be portioned, or else I might eat the whole bag.

Now, I'm sitting and hanging out, thinking about some neglected homework. Not thinking to much about it, clearly. Just poured a glass of a favorite wine and threw together an appetizer (thanks to Costco and Trader Joe's, all I did was put it on a plate and some capers on top) for us and our lovely friends that are coming over for a little bite and to play some cards.
Smoked salmon, smoked salmon dip, multigrain crackers, brioche, and capers

14 Hands Red Blend, nice with a nice price point


 I hope your night is as relaxing as mine. Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment