Sunday, May 26, 2013

Lazy weekend

Erika's birthday dinner was wonderful! The food was good, the conversation was better and I got many recommendations on places to eat in Portland. People ask me for recommendations all the time since I'm a bit of a foodie, but now I have many places to check out myself!



If you need any restaurant ideas, hit me up! I will help you out.

I had the clam linguine, it was in a light white wine sauce, and a few glasses of Italian wine. We went out afterwards and had a ball of a time. I hope she had as good of a time as we did.

On Friday, however, I was not so well. Need to be nicer to my liver. Friday was a  quiet day and mellow night. Just what I needed. I haven't worked out this weekend. Whoops! I will be back in the gym tomorrow. I think I need to start exploring how to schedule my weekends better so they are more productive.

Saturday I hit the mall with gal pal, Amy. We did some shopping, I tried on several swimsuits and settled on two from Victoria's Secret, but the sizes were limited, so I am going to order online. Pictures to come! I didn't hate bikini shopping, for the first time ever. It was nice. :) Amy and I went to lunch at Cheesecake Factory, we split a salad and an appetizer. It was lovely and I was not overstuffed. I'm excited to wear my new stuff! But really haven't been out of sweats much. My friend Rachel also gave me a pair of Citizen jeans that are a 29. I have been wearing a 29 in other brands, but I'm nervous to try them on. So I'm going to wait until I have a couple clean days, before trying them.

It was nice to have a couple really mellow days with E. I think it's really great when both of us can relax and just spend time with each other without obligations or stress getting in the way. I know that it's hard sometimes, but so important to a successful relationship, just to spend time with one another. Lately I have had several conversations with friends and family about the recipe for success in a relationship. I have come up with 3 conditions: fulfillment, self identity and respect. It is important to me, that I feel fulfilled in a relationship (I also think its important to separate happiness from fulfillment, because happiness can be fleeting), to not become so codependent that I lack my own identity and really, without respect, there is no relationship. I think that's what love means to me, as an adult. It's much different than my definition 10 years ago, but that's definitely a good thing. I'm so lucky to have the relationship that I do and am so excited to move forward with E.
This is us at Easter dinner 2013. Gorgeous day.

That's about all I've got to say at the moment. Catch ya later!


No comments:

Post a Comment