Thursday, May 23, 2013

I like food, a lot

I'm a nerd and have been researching "how to be a good blogger." Don't laugh at me. One of the first tips is to not just talk about your day, to pick a subject, stick with it and don't confuse your readers. I know that my days aren't exactly riveting. Some of them are, but certainly not all. If I could do nothing but blog and live life, I would have 4 blogs. One for cooking, one for art (including hair), one for self improvement (physical and mental health) and one just for straight BS. I am more than one subject!!! So, I'm sorry if I'm too all over the place, lack consistency and/or lack consistently interesting subject matter. If this is the only area of my life that I'm arbitrary and directionless, I can handle it.

Today is my friend Erika's birthday. She's beautiful and funny and great. We're going out to dinner with her this evening around 8pm at a swanky Italian spot. I am trying to decide how well behaved I'm going to be. I WANT SO MUCH CREAMY PASTA IN MY BODY. I can't remember the last time I had pasta... March? It's a special occasion... so maybe I'll cram 2000 calories into my mouth tonight, but this gets me thinking about the times when we let ourselves "fall off the wagon."

I am a fantastic maintainer. I maintain my weight fantastically. I'm really proud of this. No shame about it. I know how frustrating yo-yo dieting can be, I've watched it take so many friends and family members on a nightmare emotional roller-coaster. When I committed to a healthier lifestyle I made a choice and when it comes to weight loss, this is the one thing I stand by: I only do things that I can maintain for the long haul. Maybe I will never be a size 4 because of this, but I could care less. I am healthy. I also dig french fries and fro-yo. So what? I might not be as committed as some who are losing rapidly, but I'm most definitely committed to my happiness and my balance. More power to the medifasters, advocarers, and jenny craigers. We are all different and need different things to keep motivated, but to survive in the real world? To keep the weight off after you've reached your goal? You're going to have to eat real food. I'm all about real food. I am pro-carb, pro-dessert, pro-wine and pro-dining out. I'm someone who believes in having it all, just not all at the same time and working your ass off in the gym (for me its trying to grow my booty... it's getting a little bigger!!!). I just want to live life. Not wait to live it until I hit the "right" weight to start living. Whew- that was a preach moment. But I'm passionate about it! I am not a yo-yo! I'm a woman, and I LIKE FOOD!

Today, I got an awesome work out. We did "super sets." These are shorter sets. 2 sets of between 8 and 10 reps, depending on how heavy it is. But, it should be HEAVY. I'm not a super experienced lifter and these were some of my numbers.

Leg press: 340lbs
Bench: 100lbs
Bicep curls: 20lb dumbells
Compound row: 120lbs
Lat pull down: 110lbs
Leg curls: 70lbs
Leg extensions: 70lbs

I also did weighted split squats, 25 minutes of high resistance cardio and abs. One of these days I will film some of the ab work outs I do. They are solid, always sore in the core. Ha!

It's just about time for class. But I will let you know how the dinner goes, in my post tomorrow. Have a nice evening all!



No comments:

Post a Comment