Friday, May 31, 2013

MIA

So sorry, to those of you who await my blog. So nice to hear that you missed me! I really don't have much excuse other than being out of whack. Next week is the last week of the term, and due to the sunny weather early in the term, I am so, so, SO behind. I have been spending my free time doing homework and trying to catch up. I'm normally a very good student, but this term, I have really slacked off. Paying for it now.

CONFESSIONS:
I have not worked out in 7 days. For those of you that know me, this is not normal. I had a little 2 mile jog and about 30 push ups on Monday, but I don't really count that. I think that says a lot about my stress level.

I have had giant plates of pasta twice. This is also something I don't do. Pasta is a major treat for me. I really try to stay away from empty carbs (other than vodka) because I have pretty sensitive blood sugar levels, and simple carbs really screw up my metabolism.

There are also a variety of chips, dips, cookies, couple gallons of wine, and other miscellaneous snacks. I think it's called stress eating? I can also tell you this:

I feel like crap. You are what you eat folks, and this last week, I have been a big ole' slab of fat. My acne woke up and is ruining my face, I constantly have a headache and yesterday I got a nasty case of food poisoning. But here's a thought: maybe it wasn't food poisoning from some food born illness. Maybe I poisoned my body with food that isn't good for me and it's paying me back.

I'm not the kind of person that is going to punish myself for this, and honestly, the way I feel is punishment enough. It's really time to do a clean sweep and take my own advice. 51% raw food (fruits and veggies) and no more empty carbohydrates. I know I will feel 100% better. One week off track doesn't define me, doesn't affect my physique that much. If I'm not mistaken, about 2 weeks with no activity will result in muscle loss. I will feel the break a bit in my cardiovascular work out, but nothing devastating. Anyway, I am going to the gym today after class (which I am currently in-so much for being a good student).

 These are my Brooks Ghost 5 trailrunners, these are the only shoes I can run in. I have some pronation problems and these give me all of the balance and support I need. I got the trailrunners, which are waterproofed. Essential in Oregon and with an adorable pup that loves to leap through puddles. He's so handsome.
 After our short little jog, I had a nice chat with Michelle on the phone. Steam cleaned my couch and then opened a bottle of Gnarlyhead Pinot Noir. Poured a glass and slapped a pretty green mask on my face.
Then E and I made this delicious pizza. I need to start making pizza crust and freezing it. We love to make our own pizzas with whole wheat crust and piles of veggies. I will do that soon and post my recipe, process, etc.

After we ate, got a text from my friend Mariah and we met up for a drink and some chats (and cajun tots, damn you Mcmenamins!). It was a nice night and I wore this outfit.
Michelle fondly dubs this the "pee pants pose." I am such a model. I got this top at the Nordstrom half-yearly sale. It's a Medium boyfriend fit, I like it. I tried belting it and surprisingly, both E and I preferred it without a belt.

I am currently working on a persuasive speech to encourage my classmates to choose clean eating. I have been learning an incredible amount about the benefits of eating clean. We're talking curing diseases and preventing cancer. It is extremely important research and I encourage all of you to invest some time into researching and understanding how our bodies function and also how the food industry functions. It has been speculated that if we continue on the path we are on, that the next generation will be the first one to have shorter lifespans than their parents. Not so progressive anymore. We have backslid into a huge economic and health crisis. We are eating our way to our eminent failure. I know that's a bold statement, but I firmly believe it. When it gets closer to speech time, I will give you a run down on what I will present. Hopefully you will find it interesting!

I cannot wait for this term to be over. Honestly, I don't even care what grades I get, as long as I pass. It just needs to be over, so that I can get myself back in order. I hate feeling this unorganized and stressed. Come summer, I will have all the time in the world to cook, clean, exercise, socialize and share it all with you. :)

Have a great day folks, hopefully I will be writing again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment