Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sunday Funday

I'm starting to get into the swing of things for the term, but I just can't figure out where blogging is going to fit in. This may be where the blogging becomes a once or twice a week affair. I wanted to take some time and get you in the loop with the biznass these days.

I am taking 16 credits this term. I know, it's crazy. It wasn't exactly on purpose either, but I think I will benefit from all of my courses. My schedule is predominantly on Monday and Wednesday. On these days, I start my morning off around 6am with a short (3-4 mile) run or some time on the elliptical. If I have extra time I will get some weights in. Since I've been working on my pull ups, I try to get on the assisted pull up machine 4 times a week and build up my strength. I start out just on a regular bar and can bust 2 out barely muster the strength to lift my chin to the bar twice, then I head to the assist machine and do 3 sets of 10.

After morning sweat I head to my yoga class and have the luxury of practicing 20 minutes of meditation and 60 minutes of Vinyasa yoga. I cannot tell people enough about the benefits of yoga. I used to make fun of the yoga people, thinking I couldn't do a work out like that because it's "too slow" or "I don't sweat enough," but even for someone like me, who likes to work out hard, this brings such a balance to my work out routine and ultimately my life. As a woman, I feel that it's often impossible to shut my brain down. I'm constantly planning, contemplating, worrying and anticipating, but my yoga practice is facilitating a place and time to focus on living in the present and learning how to think and live positively. Also, I'm SORE. Like an-hour-of-ab-work sore. It's good.




As I get older, I think more and more about the things that will become increasingly important:
  • Flexibility, both psychologically and physically
  • Longevity and living long with minimal pain
  • Finding peace with my identity and my relationships
These are just cores, or course. I also want to laugh a lot, eat awesome food, be a great friend, have a gorgeous baby, see a little more of the world, master my field, help people, learn what good wine is and have a lot of it... I just want to be really good at living a full life. In my opinion, my health has to come first in all of that. If I can't climb to the top of the mountain, I can't see the view!

Hello tangent, way to take over my blog.

Anyway, after that is my algebra class, followed by ceramics. Then I am taking an INCREDIBLE human relations class. I love my professor. He may even become my mentor. We shall see.

That "sinus infection" never went away. I think I officially have migraines, but I can't currently afford the testing. From my understanding they will try antibiotics first, in case of infection, then they will want to check my eyes and when they find out there is nothing wrong with my vision, a CT scan. Until I have the medical coverage, I may just be slowly killing my liver with daily mass quantities of NSAIDS. My head is killing me. 100% of the time.

Also, I died my hair red.
no filter
And I got some new clothes and trainers for the gym.



Oh, and I got the iphone 5c!!!

Lastly, I'm loving the new Lorde album, Pure Heroine. It's so hard to believe she's only a teenager. She dances a little on the line of all of her songs sounding the same, but I dig her sound, so I'm ok with it for now... until I get sick of it of course. I think my favorite is "Tennis Court" and since E has been gone for the day, I have been blasting it and dancing around the house. It's been a really wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment