Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Modern House... girlfriend.

I try not to whine, but didn't I clean the kitchen today already? Twice?

MY GOD. I don't even have a kid, but I feel like all I do is clean. Wonder how that's going to change when the spawn arrives... Maybe I will be crazy erratic mom, who cleans up every little thing. More likely I will be smitten mom who forgets what a clean house looks like.

I hate to say it, because I know I will regret it, but I am so sick of staying at home and doing nothing but keeping the house and cooking. I would like a solid excuse to not make dinner and another one for why laundry has piled up, because right now, I don't have one and I am booooooooored of cooking, dishes and laundry. Not built to be a housewife, perhaps?

I did some painting the other day, just to mix it up. Then I ran out of an essential hue of paint, a non mixable one, called white. Still haven't made it to the art store.

My day of nothingness, was pretty on point. I did wash the bedding, do some laundry, vacuum, dust and sweep, but I finished 12 episodes of "Devious Maids" so.... embarrassing. I have enjoyed my vacation, but I need to go to a place where I can have snacks every 30 minutes and my brain is stimulated by something worthwhile and I have a reason to get out of bed before 9. Spoiled-brat-1st-world-problems. Forgive me.

Today on the agenda: Force myself to do something active. Eat less carbs than yesterday. Maybe see another human being in real life?

3 hours later...

I have accomplished my "something active." I did about 4.15 miles, the hard way. I have a loop that I do every so often, in one direction it has a tiny but steady downgrade with one 250 ft climb at the end. The hard way warms you up with a downgrade, then has a tiny but steady upgrade the whole route, and one 150 ft climb.


I would be lying to you if I said that I didn't walk a lot of it. I finished in about 47 minutes.

So far I have eaten less carbs. I had one egg and one piece of DKB toast for pre run fuel. Then I enjoyed some spoils from my sister's garden including some spicy pickled green beans. They are so yum but, they're making me sweat!



Also, last night E and I had an at home date. On said date, we covered various things in dark chocolate. That's normal and perfectly healthy, right?

Frozen bananas, raisins and grahams

I put some pork shoulder in the crock pot today.


I thought I might talk about this painting I've been working on, but I think I will do that tomorrow.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment