Thursday, May 16, 2013

What a life.

I am currently feeling extremely relaxed, maybe because of my song choice (playing on repeat),


For whatever reason, I'm really digging on this song right now, it just calms my mind. I might also feel relaxed from the killer work out I just subjected myself to, while I studied for my astronomy exam

Or maybe it's because I competed my speech and received a grade of 95/100, HOLLA! When I can upload the video of it, I will, for your viewing pleasure. I'm THAT proud of myself. :)

It might also be that my school hosted a health fair today, and I was able to get my vision, blood pressure and hearing checked FOR FREE! Which is awesome when you're like me and have no health insurance. I also was referred to OHSU for dental work. OHSU is a learning hospital/health facility, so they give you a discounted rate on dental work because the students are practicing on you. Heavily supervised of course. I need my wisdom teeth pulled, and surely need a filling or two. I wish dental work wasn't so damned expensive. I take good care of my teeth, but I know that deep cleanings and maintenance are VERY important. So, My vision was 20/15 on both eyes (awesome) my blood pressure was 113/65 (I think that's good?) and my hearing was perfect in both ears. I then went to test my body fat percentage with one of those machine deely-bops that you hold straight out, and that thing is WRONG. Just plain wrong. It's mostly dependent upon your height and weight and it put me at 29% body fat. There is no problem with this percentage necessarily, I just had a caliper done by a professional 7 weeks ago (before the heavy lifting) and had 24.7% body fat. So eff that noise.

I still have an astronomy exam that starts in about 25 minutes, so I should spend these last precious moments cramming as much information as possible... But I want to take a moment and thank my friends and family that have offered me feedback on my blog, I really appreciate it. Makes my heart smile knowing that people are enjoying it, because I am too! I also want to thank all of you that have been so supportive throughout.... my whole life. 

And just one more thing, I am a devoted Grey's Anatomy viewer. I know, embarrassing. The season finale is tonight. I am geeking out about it. Can't wait to pour a glass of wine and curl up on the couch with pup. :)

Casual today, top knot, wet hair. Clearly really trying today. Have a good evening! Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment