Friday, May 10, 2013

The first post

It's hard to know where to start, when essentially what I'm going to do here, is talk about myself. So here goes!

I am a 25 year old woman, with a lot more than 25 years worth of experience. I am the partner of a wonderful man, a dog mom, cook, hairstylist, health freak, painter, singer, wonder er, deep thinker and full time student of psychology... oh, and I have a cat too.  

The biggest focus in life right now is being healthy, finding balance and defeating body dysmorphia. In 2010, I had a bad break up and was forced to come to terms with my past and who I had become. I can tell you now, that I didn't like it. Really, not very many people did. I was a closeted bulimic and manipulative bitch. I was sick. I had also gotten quite PLUMP. Here I am in 2010:
Puerto Vallarta 2010 (192lbs)
I came out to my family and close friends about my bulimia in 2011, but still struggled to overcome it. I also hired a personal trainer through Craigslist and started working out 5 days a week plus and eating healthier. I lost about 25lbs doing just that. With behavioral therapy, I started understanding who I was and that I had value. The life of a recovering addict is not a simple one, whether that addiction is to food, drugs, booze or sex. It is not easy. It is in the forefront of your brain at all times and affects every choice you make. Needless to say, it has been a long journey and it is no where near over.  But that is enough heaviness for the moment. I have to clarify: I am happier today than I have ever been, this blog will not be a sob story. This blog will be a mixture of my journey to physical and psychological health, my every day experiences, my musings, what I eat, how many times I've peed my pants this week, various HILARIOUS scenarios between my fab friends and I, and then maybe some bigger thoughts thrown in. Now that I've clarified this, here I am yesterday:

May 2013


That looks and feels a lot better, wouldn't you agree? I cannot even begin to express to you what is feels like to be capable. My body can accomplish anything I want it to and surely many things I haven't even thought of yet. I feel strong, fit and sometimes even beautiful. There's the trick to body dysmorphia (we'll talk about that another day).

I have to give a shout out to one of the fab friends, Michelle, here's a link to her blog: Shape up or Ship out. She has inspired me to recommit to my healthy endeavors and accomplish the things I have always hoped to accomplish. She also suggested that I start this blog, so you all have her to thank for it. I should also mention that she is very funny and awesome, so you should read her blog.
 
I'm nervous and excited to take this on, there's something liberating about putting yourself out there like this, I'm sure I will learn a lot about myself and hopefully someday I can inspire you try/cook/do something or at very least, entertain you. I should probably pay attention to my professor now.

Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment